[pct-l] Scott Williamson YoYo attempt

I spoke to a friend of Scott Williamson (LetItBe) tonight.  Scott's mother has not heard from Scott since November 22, when he called her from Auburn, California (along I-80, 40 miles NE of Sacramento, 60 miles SW of Truckee).  That is over 2 weeks ago, and at the time Scott told his mother that he was probably going to get off the trail and fly to Maine to see his girlfriend, but neither of them have heard from or seen Scott since then.   I recall that in October Scott had checked in at Reds Meadow and perhaps Vermillion Valley, where I believe he encountered a snow storm and returned to wait out the weather.  I had assumed he would have continued southbound after the storm, so the report of him being in Auburn and the northern Sierras doesn't make sense.   A store employee in Auburn recalled that Scott had purchased 7 energy bars, so it's possible he decided to go back to the PCT.

Essentially he is missing.  His mother notified the police and Park Service, which have checked with the people at Reds Meadow, Auburn, CA and other places he was expected to stop at while trying to finish his yo-yo attempt.  If anyone reading this has heard anything about Scott since Thanksgiving Day, please email me so I can relay this to Scott's mother, who is obviously concerned for his safety.  Thank you.

Roger Carpenter
rogercar@pacifier.com

multipart/alternative
  text/html