RE: [pct-l] Fallingwater's CD

Sly,

Actually I'm working on 2 CD's "Friends on the PCT" and "A Long Summers
Walk", I finished up the Friends CD and it's gone out to a hand full of
people. It was designed as a way to send some of my photos to people I hiked
with, without having to make lot's of costly prints and send them out. It
has a couple of hundred photos a music track and self-running slide show. In
all not terribly sophisticated but it serves its purpose.

The second CD "A Long Summers Walk" is in development now. It will contain a
number of the same photos as the first CD, along with scenic photos, sound
track and narration. It's built using a completely different technology and
will support animation and a menu to allow you to view some or all the
slides.

There will also be a section on Gear and another on References to PCT
resources. The references will contain hot links direct to websites.  This
CD is slated to be completed sometime next spring. It may also appear as a
Video CD that is playable in general DVD's, but with fewer features. I'm
still exploring that option.

If people have outstanding slides or photos and would like to contribute
them to CD, with proper credit of course. I'd be interest in talking to you.

Anyway the "A Long Summers Walk" CD is the one slated for general release.
Probably after next years crop of hikers had gone.  Maybe sooner, it all
depends on my work schedule and what ever goodies I put up on the PCTA
website.

I hope this answers your question. By the way if someone with a copy of the
People CD has a CD burner and wants to burn a few copies, I don't have a
problem. I just don't have the time to go into production mode here.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
PCT 2000 - http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000

To:            PCT-L@backcountry.net