[pct-l] Silnylon is extremely flammable!

Hi all,

There have been several threads concerning cooking in or near
homemade/ultralight shelters.  I'd like to remind everyone that silicone
coated nylon is extremely flammable.  Any small flame quickly spreads.

Personally I'm comfortable cooking with an alcohol stove near to but outside
my small tarp.  The alcohol stove won't flare up and there's plenty of fire
exits in a tarp.  But recent comments about cooking in or near homemade
tents, bivies and ultralight hammocks make me nervous.  Please think about
fire safety!

Brian Robinson

To:            "Robinson, Brian A" <brian.robinson@compaq.com>, "'bpl'" <BackpackingLight@onelist.com>, "'at-l'" <at-l@backcountry.net>, "'pct-l'" <pct-l@backcountry.net>