Re: [pct-l] willow fire holcomb valley reroute

This section was reopened last April 2000, after the PCTA volunteers and the
forest service trail crews went through and cleared the down trees and brushed
the trail and repaired the tread.  I was a volunteer with the  PCTA crew and
it was a great experience.  You can read about it on the PCTA website on the
volunteers page.
   I hiked the 4 mile section from the dam to the bridge last weekend and it
is in great shape.  We will see what the winter weather does to the trail.  It
will probably bring down many more fire-killed trees.  You can be sure that
volunteers will get right on it and clear it up, as this section is the
backyard of many dedicated PCT hikers.   If it didn't exist, we wouldn't have
anywhere to hike in the winter months when the high country is full of snow.
Marion Davison

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net