Re: [pct-l] PCT Reststops

>Tom- the lady who didn't wipe her butt -was she by any chance an
ultralighter
>who saw no need for T.P. and its extra weight? And while were on the
subject
>why doesn' t a bear dig a hole? Is it just bad attitude? Kinda like - where
>does a bear poop -anywhere he wants to?
>* From the PCT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

So how about the need for toilet paper? I have found that for the
liquid variety of waste you don't need it (you can use grass, moss,
leaves, pinecones, stripped bark...) but for the other kind I really
need TP. I loved the book 'How to Shit in the Woods'. It explained
lots of stuff about this. But I have never spoken to a hiker who
completely left TP at home!
(my American friends tell me that the Dutch are way too much
interested in bowel movements, but this list seems to negate the
prejudice...)

Saskia

To:            BackpackingLight@egroups.com, PCT-L@backcountry.net