RE: [pct-l] PCT Reststops

Actually I am in favor for "out-of-state" hikers along the PCT in California
required to use pooper scooper bags. Possibly a solution is to charge a
$1000 permit fee for non-California hikers to enter California wilderness.
Another solution is to reroute the PCT through Arizona and Nevada [although
I am sure hikers in those states will object] to keep rift-raft thruhikers
out of our state.

California hikers, of course, have no problem with human waste along the
trail. Everyone knows that our you-know-what doesn't stink. Further,
although we have hi-tech toliets in certain areas almost everybody from
California knows how to dig a hole properly.

I have seen thruhikers [in only a few days of observation] ignore the
standard sanitary procedures that most California hikers [which I have
observed 100 times as much] consider second nature. Maybe my observations
are just coincidence but I watched a thruhiker drop her drawers and poop
within 10 yards of the trail past Sally Keys Lake and not bother to bury the
result or even wipe her butt. I have never seen that happen during the
normal hiking season.