Re: [pct-l] finding ye ole bear canistere

Longs, rite aide or Orchard hardware- don't remember where
--sorry--

other idea I use is to loop some tough nylon cord under the
lid-- it squeezes down but the integrity remains-- and tie
that off with 3-4 back-and-forths thru lid-to-tree-- the
bear just stood there and batted it-- did not pull (at least
that one time) to break string...I stopped using that idea
because I was anticipating that the lid my break if the
nylon had a tensil strength greater than that of the
breaking strength of the lid which is the weakest
item in the entire canister structure.

Rich

To:            "'Montedodge@aol.com'" <Montedodge@aol.com>, pct-l@edina.hack.net