Re: [pct-l] PCT Reststops

You're absolutely right , Monte. Lunch counter on Mt. Adams is a cesspool. So
is camp Hazard on Mt Rainier. But if they put fancy outhouses in these places
some "bright" superintendent would come up with the idea of making them coin
operated. The shelters in the Olympics are a sore point with me. One
superintendent said build them. Then another said tear them down or let them
rot. Now they are wringing their hands and saying, "oh no, they're historic
structures and we have to save them with user fees." A PERFECT example of how
there is about as much consistency between Park administrations as there is
in wind direction in a thunderstorm. But of course the new guys have ALWAYS
got it right - hence required bear canisters.

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net