RE: [pct-l] Chlorine

.>> I  think that for a short overnight or
weekend trip, this seems like a pretty economical and safe way to go.  I'd
be afraid, though, of the long-term health effects of chlorine bleach in my
water every day over the course of 5-6 months-- dioxin accumulation and
whatnot. <<

I doubt you should worry too much about chlorine. Unless you're using too
much of it. It is the primary disinfect use in most water treatment and
sewage treatment plants across the US. So the chances that you drink minute
quantities of it on a daily basis are high.

One alternative to chlorine in liquid form, is the granulated chlorine used
for swimming pools and hot tubs. It comes in small granules that are easy to
add. A months supply of water treatment would weigh in at well under and
ounce.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
PCT 2000 - http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net