[pct-l] Hola! A message for newbies!

AAAHHHHRRRRRIIIIIBBBBBAAAA!

Hola PCTer's!  I wish you a fat (I've gained all my
weight back already since my hike...you?) and happy
holiday season!  May sweet dreams of gorp and peanut
butter dance in your head!

For newbies, searching for ideas and advice in
preparation for your hike, I've got a few things to
say.  I was in your place last year and had the #$@%
scared out of me last year with some of these folks on
the list.   They also gave me some great tips for my
upcoming hike.  Let me give my two cents worth for
you.

1.  Read Jardine's Book.  Train if you can (at least
for blister prevention...it knocked dozens of the
trail in the first two weeks).
2.  Laugh at his crazy techniques at mile 1.
3.  Swear by them at mile 1500.
4.  Be terrified of bears as you begin, making sure to
use extreme measures of bear bagging, hanging, and
avoidance of those monsters in the at all times (even
when your in a motel).
5.  Use your food bag as a pillow (bacon and hamburger
make the softest ones) after you get tired of bagging,
hanging and avoiding.
6.  Toilet paper is litter too.  Packing it out is the
only way to go. Travel lightly.  Pick up trash.
7.  Smell the roses, take chess breaks, goff at
Jardinites, wake up at 4, shoot for hiking 20 miles by
12, and eventually 50 mile days.
8. Nighthike, skinny dip, jaywalk, hot spring, catch
horny toads, meet rattlesnakes, eat desserts for
breakfast, climb forrester pass (or whatever mountain
your on) during national nude hiking day.
9.  Meet as many recommended folks as you can (those
at the ADZKOP, Meadow Ed, Mudflap, The Saufleys, Bill
Person, etc).
10. Rock the PCT.  Allow yourself to feel the real
warmth of the world. The PCT guarantee's a wide range
of enjoyable geographical and cultural extremes
(fuller ridge and "the Desert Philosopher" included).

Merry Christmas-
Amigo