Re: [pct-l] Giardia on the trail

>The most common source of infection for non-traveling Americans is kids in
>day care.

And not far behind for us dog breeders: kisses from puppies. That was
the cause of my second bout with Giardia fifteen years ago and it was
very mild in comparison with the first . I believe the first time I
had Giardia I picked it up somewhere between Cherry Lake and Kibbie
Lake (Emigrant Basin/Yosemite) and it was bad news. You would think I
would be a big proponent of water filtering; I'm not, but I will carry
one if I take others with me.

Dave

To:            pct-l@edina.hack.net