Re: [pct-l] Giardia on the trail

For what it's worth, I've heard the same things about giardia. I have drank
untreated water from streams since I was 7 years old  (46 years) and have
never gotten sick. I figure I must be one of those "immune" people. However,
I would NEVER suggest that anyone else follow my lead. We all have different
immune systems. The way I see it, I was probably exposed to a minor amount of
giardia at some time or another and then my spleen figured out what
antibotics were necessary to combat the giardia bacteria. The molecular code
of this antibiotic has been memorized and is replicated every time a new dose
of the little buugers get into me. Just a hunch cause I'm no doctor!

To:            pct-l@edina.hack.net