Re: [pct-l] Rights, Freedoms, Codes and Backpacking

    I am a VietNam veteran and an occasional backpacker. I'm a product of the
1950"s and 1960's. While many people have fought and gave/lost their lives
defending this country and have kept it from being subjugated to some other
power; I know from personal experience that many (probably a substantial
majority) of the military of all ranks don't give a hoot about many of our
freedoms and rights. Rather we owe our freedoms more to the courageous and rare
individuals who have fought for these rights in civilian life -- whether thru
court actions, lobbying, legislating, demonstrating, voting, petitioning, going
to jail, and even dying.

John

To:            Montedodge@aol.com, pct-l@edina.hack.net