[pct-l] Oregon section hike

My thru-hike in '01 is not going to come about, but it looks good for an Oregon section
hike.  There are a couple of things I am curious about and am hoping that those who have
hiked through Oregon can lend some insight.  When would be the  best time to  the trip?.
It needs to be late enough to avoid problems with the snow, and at a time when the hordes
of mosquitoes that like to dwell in the Oregon mountains are not too plentiful.  I'm
allowing 30 days and thinking of starting sometime mid July or later.  I have two options:
a lightweight tent, or a tarp setup with a bug netting such as the Adventure 16 bug
screen.  Any suggestions from those who... been there done that?

...Kelly

To:            jcryan@acupuncture.com, pct-l@backcountry.net