[pct-l] mice

This is how I deal with mice because they do have a mean, spiteful attitude
in spite of being kinda cute. I give them what they want. I call it the Mouse
God offering. I put a cup of left over food  a ways away from my tent and let
them have at it. I know, I know, it's illegal to feed the wildlife, but at
least in the morning my food garbage is gone! I've heard that if you give
them uncooked rice thier little bellies will explode when the rice swells up.
And if they do chew a hole into your tent, don't mend it. That way they can
get in and out without chewing a new hole.  And look on the bright side - if
water gets into your tent it can drain out easier!

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net