RE: [pct-l] more on bears

At 03:49 PM 11/27/00 , Reynolds, WT wrote:
>  However, even an illegial ticket that can
>cost five grand and six months in the hoosegow can ruin your whole day.

The last ticket I got was for $50. (defeated. The court case "forced" me to
make an extra trip to Bishop.The worst part was the hour in the
"courthouse" I had to spend before the hike up to Bishop pass.)

"$5000 and 6months" is the legal MAX for ALL USFS infractions. The actual
fines are assigned by some sort of schedule. Just like Tom to overstate
things by listing the absolute maximum possible<g>.

>FWIW in 2000 virtually nobody was given a wilderness permit for a Inyo
>National Forest westside trailhead without a bear canister.

Upon what information source do you base this statement? Most permits were
mailed out I thought.

To:            jcryan@acupuncture.com, pct-l@backcountry.net