[pct-l] canadian border crossing

Dear Dubya -
The good news is that you "probably" won't have much trouble getting into
Canada.  The bad news is that you might have more trouble getting back into
the States.  If you cross the border in a private car - or maybe walk
across, apparently all you need is a drivers license (or so I've been told).
  But if you're gonna take a train or bus - or presumably a plane - US
Immigration wants you to prove that you're a US citizen.  They hassled us as
well as others this year (I can't speak for previous years).  The words are
basically - "if you can't prove you're a US citizen, we don't have to let
you into the US".  That means a birth certificate or passport.

Y'all have been talking about "rights" - but how many of you have any idea
how pervasive "Big Brother" has really gotten in the last seven or eight
years? Say "Thank you" to Mr Clinton and our wonderful Attorney General.

I know - I'm cynical.

Walk softly - Big Brother is watching,
Jim

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net