[pct-l] User fee discusion and getting into Canada

In summary of user fees. Volunteerism is good, donations are good, user fees
are good ONLY IF they are put back into the area they are collected from and
to assist the users who paid them. This is not the case now. Most user fees
paid by backpackers go into a general fund that assist non backpackers. Until
this changes, I will NOT support user fees for backpackers. I promise not to
hold my breath.
  User fee issues ARE a legitimate PCT issue because if they are enacted and
strictly enforced, the red tape and costs involved can severely impact the
quality of the journey involved. My heart soars like an eagle to see this
issue discussed in an intelligent thoughtful manner.
  Getting into Canada. Just sneak past the Warden Station. They can't tell
what nationality you are unless you tell them. Once you get to the lodge,
just pay the bus driver for the ticket and you're on your way to US customs
at the border. Out of sight  out of mind is your best option. Just don't sue
me if you somehow get caught.

To:            pct-l@edina.hack.net