Re: [pct-l] Re: Defiant rancher once more loses grazing case, maynow go to jail

I thought this was a PCT discussion list.

this is crazy!!!!!!!!!  I ignored all the presidential emails and thought that a full 2 weeks after the election, the list would get back to PCT related issues so i started reading the threads again.

I am all for freedom of whatever you want, but there is a forum for everything and this forum is for PCT related issues.

peace to all,
dude

>Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:19:18 -0500
>From: "Elizabeth A. Foshion" <foshione@dteenergy.com>
>To: "Reynolds, WT" <reynolds@ilan.com>
>
>I had the pleasure of visiting the Jefferson monument again in DC 3 weeks ago.
>I'm always awed by Jefferson and his writings. We could argue extensively about
>what Jefferson believed and meant. I've seen his writing quoted to support all
>sides of arguments. Unfortunately he is not here to reply for himself.
>
>However, the term Judeo-Christian means Christian. It was first coined by the
>German Lutheran clergy in the early 19th century to describe a fundamentally
>Christian experience. Jews, Christians, and Muslims do not worship the same God.
>Christianity and Islam both root their beliefs in Judaism, but no longer believe
>or worship the same.  You can argue that these religions are even further
>divided and argue amongst themselves about God - who & what.
>
>I don't have the exact breakdown at my fingertips, but 90% of the US is not
>Jewish, Christian, or Muslim.  It's more like 75%. There are lots of Hindus,
>Buddists, Native Americans, Shintoists, pagans, etc, not to mention the random
>athiest and just plain diest.
>
>And of course negotiation/brute force can take away anything. It may not be able
>to remove a person's "right" to live, but it can take away a person's life.
>
>Katt
>
>"Reynolds, WT" wrote:
>
>> In fact I was paraphrasing the Declaration of Independence. The God
>> refrences of the Declaration of Independence was the Judo/Christian/Moslem
>> God believed in by 90% of Americans now and probably more back then. Thomas
>> Jefferson was a diest. He believed that God did not intervien in human
>> affairs but that humankind [mankind back then] was responsible for their
>> [his back then] actions to Him.
>>
>> The point of Jefferson's writing is that "negotiation and/or brute power" as
>> you so aptly put it, cannaot take away what God endows. In subsequent
>> writings, Jefferson wrote that once we lose our belief in GOD we will lose
>> our rights.
>>
>> Eh!

[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net