[pct-l] Forester Service

 I can agree with Moak somewhat about the Forester Service having fewer
dollars now than in the old days when they were cutting old growth as fast as
they could haul it. I still disagree with the fact that the Park Service
budgets are thrashed to bare bones when our surpluses are so high. The
president sets an agenda and has but to say what he want's done and it
happens. ( A good example is Brick's post about the Tongrass in Alaska)  The
President's pen is very mighty indeed. He is not just a figure head. The next
pres. may be able to pick new Supreme Court Justices which will affect us. My
point is this regime has focused little money to the public lands even though
they have created more. I am happy about saving the Tongrass up North and
would be happier to see some money sent up there as well to allow U.S.
Citizens to enjoy the place. We have more people enjoying our wildlands year
by year, but give fewer dollars to these places year by year. My personel
belief is a big government lock-out of the public on all public lands. A view
supported by many old timers in both the Park Service and the Forest Service.
Of course , they wouldn't come out and tell you this as their job would be on
the line. Repubican for the PCT, Monte

To:            "PCT-L" <pct-l-digest@backcountry.net>