Re: [pct-l] Hiking points

<< Also as far as alternate routes go which are the most commonly used
 ones.  I'm building in support for alternate routes.  Do most pct
 thru-hikers take these alternate routes:

 -Crater Lake
 -Eagle Creek  >>

The Crater Lake rim trail is now the official PCT route, at least for hikers
on foot.  Almost all hikers take this route.  The Eagle Creek trail is not
(yet) the official PCT route but I would be surprised if fewer than 70-80
percent of PCT hikers did not make this detour for the fantastic scenery.

Also, an unknown but probably significant percentage of hikers road-hike from
Bridge of the Gods to Panther Creek Campground in southern Washington.

To:            "pct-l" <pct-l@edina.hack.net>