[pct-l] Re: Repubicans Verse Democrats

What's with all the partisan stuff anyway: Republican Senate, Republican House, so don't blame it all on the President.

Where was Washington's congressional reps during all this, or did the state parks get privatized - it's not clear from your post. I was in Olympic Park in May - beautiful, but plenty of snow still up in the passes. I'm moving to Seattle next year, so I would be interested in knowing how wilderness friendly the state's officials are.

Instead of generalities, let's talk about Gore's record when he was a Senator and Bush's record as governor of Texas. Anyone have any 1st hand info?

I lived in TX for 20 yrs, but recently moved to MI. Friends back home tell me that  Bush was in favor of opening the state parks to hunting. I don't have a problem with hunting, but the nice thing about the state parks being off limits is that the fall and winter are fabulous for hiking/packing in TX. The snakes (4 kinds of poisenous) are sleeping, the moisquitos are dead, and the weather is beautiful (except in the panhandle).

Katt

Montedodge@aol.com

To:            "'CMountainDave@aol.com'" <CMountainDave@aol.com>, pct-l@backcountry.net