Re: [pct-l] Re: Over Sensitive Hikers

I kept an on-line journal of my AT thruhike.  At first, I was concerned
about posting about people I was seeing.  Then I realized it was almost all
trail names (or first names) I was including in my journal.  Also, with the
delay between my writing my journal and it getting transcribed and posted,
people were long gone from where my journal would pinpoint them.

As a woman who often hikes alone, I've never been particularly concerned.  I
live near Boston and I just figure that if anything "bad" is going to happen
to me, chances are it'll be more likely to happen near the city or in a car
accident on the way to/from the trail rather than someone tracking me down
at a trailhead or on the trail.

As for register entries, they are public information but others shouldn't
profit (or plagiarize) from them.

Mara