[pct-l] Politics: How will Bush affect the PCT?

I agree to keep general political discussion off the list, but how Bush's policies might affect the PCT DO matter to me.  For example, I think Bush is in favor of a stronger Mexico border patrol.  Does this mean hikers heading out of Campo will feel safer?  Will Bush try to strip funding for wilderness and National Parks along the PCT?  More logging and less protection of forests along the route?  With Bush/Cheney and their friends in the oil business I wouldn't be surprised to find an oil derrick somewhere on route.  If you think things are bad now...
Roger Carpenter

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---