Re: [pct-l] yak butter, Was: Getting enough calories

>From: Brick Robbins <brick@fastpack.com>
>Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:48:13 -0800
>
>At 07:49 AM 11/8/00 , Mara Factor wrote:
>>   Given that I don't like tea, I did not enjoy the beverage but I didn't
>>find it particularly more vile than just plain tea.
>
>Not to be culturally biased, but I found yak butter to be one of the most
>revolting substances I have ever been offered to consume. A few types of
>French goat cheese rank right up there too.

Umm, yes.  Some of them can have a mighty, um, strong taste.

>I found the fried scorpions I
>was offered in China much easier to eat.

Oh man...  Nobody ever offered me fried scorpions when I was in China.
<pout>  They sound crunchy.  I guess I'll just have to go back there
sometime.  ;-)  Perhaps it's a regional thing.  There were times however
(albeit not often), when I had no idea what I was eating.

>I have seen ghee made from yak butter, so the two are not mutually
>exclusive.

Good point.

Can't imagine why, but I am getting hungry...

Mara