Re: [pct-l] Getting enough calories

In case anyone was wondering...

Butter does not spoil and requires no refrigeration.  It will, however, go
rancid in too much heat.  Chances are Squirrelfight was using it up before
rancidity could set in.  I don't think rancidity can hurt you (does anyone
know better?).  It just makes it smell and/or taste funny.

I carried butter when possible on my AT thruhike but actually had problems
finding real butter in some smaller southern towns.  Many general stores
only carried margarine.

Mara