[pct-l] the sock thing

I, too, am a true believer in Smart Wool socks, coupled with the technology
of Superfeet inserts and Vasque SuperHikers. As a mid-fortyish CPA, I work
long hours through the tax season from February through May each year,
eliminating the chance to condition my feet for the June 200 miler each year.
Previously, I paid the price of blisters despite good boots, frequent liner
and wool sock changes. Now, I can walk 15 miles first day with 40 lbs of pack
and have no sign of problem through the hike. Good stuff. For what it's
worth. And , oh yeah, skip the attempt to convince me of the merits of
running shoes. Tried 'em, won't work for me, I need the support of a great
boot, being 6'2" 200 lbs carrying 2 weeks supplies @ 40+ lbs, and used to
walking 12 miles before noon on the PCT.