[pct-l] More hot springs

Doug,

A few more for your consideration:

1) Warner Springs-- these aren't  natural springs along the trail, they are
a developed resort.  But everyone winds up going into Warner springs for
resupply, and folks in town have been known to bless certain lucky
thru-hikers with day passes to the springs.

2) Deep Creek.  Heaven on earth.  In the San Bernadino Mountains, it's right
on-trail.  You can't miss them from the PCT.  Amazingly, PCT hikers have
been known to walk right by these gems without even taking their packs off.
I reccomend at least  a 24-hour stopover.

3)  Terminal Geyser Hot Springs.  In Lassen NP, less than half mile from the
trail.  Go to the geyser and follow the outlet stream to where the water
cools off enought to get into.  There is a pool there.

4) Goldmyer Springs-- About 10 miles off-trail just past Snoqualmie Pass in
Washington.  A bit further from the trail than the others, but one of the
nicest on the North Amreican continent.  No kidding!

5)Scenic Hot Springs-- Close to Stevens pass, kind of built-up, but a great
view and great pools, and only 4 miles from the PCT.

6) Kennedy Hot Springs, Glacier Peak wilderness.  Also near the trail.
These are only about 95 degrees, but if you're in Washington and it's cold,
it's nice to have some water that you can get into, even if it's not warm
enough to relax  in for hours and hours.

BTW,  I used Smartwool socks for the entire hike this year-- 3 Pairs held up
for close to 2000 miles and I can still wear them around town.  I recommend
them.

Staggerin' Willie
Charter Member of T.H.A.T.H.
(Thru-Hikers Against Thru-Hiking)