[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1292

Saskia: Thanks for the kinds words about our book. No worries on the view
front: I guarantee beauty on the PCT!!!

As for the boots question: I surveyed about 60 AT thru-hikers for a
Backpacker mag article five years ago. The average pair of lightweight boots
lasts about 1000 miles on the AT; probably longer on the PCT (ess mud, water,
torquing, etc.); the average pair of leather boots about 1600 miles. This
jives with my experience. Your mileage may vary!

Karen Berger