Re: [pct-l] boots

Saskia - I think how long your boots (and socks for that matter) longevity
will vary greatly depending on the craftsmanship of the manufacturer. As
others who read this list well know, I prefer Red Wings (I too don't wish to
argue any longer about what footwear is the "best," But you asked about
durability so here goes. I started at Campo with a pair that was already well
worn in -- several hundred miles worth. They lasted all the way to Seiad
Valley (1600 miles) before falling apart. There I got a new pair from my
trail resupply angels and finished up another 1000 miles in them. After
another years worth of hiking and working in them, they are still going
strong. I should put in a plug for Red Wing socks, too. I took two pair on
the PCT and I'm still wearing them this very day. They have at least three
thousand miles of use in them. I have no idea what AB means.