[pct-l] trail racing, sour grapes, grazing leases et. al.

Lets say I want to write a book (actually I do). I prepare like mad, do a
hell of a lot of research, writing, and self editing. I think I'm ready and
submit my proposal to a publisher. They write back, sorry but it's not what
we're looking for. I try again. This time they respond by saying "Hey, your
writing style sucks. Try getting into a journalism class before boring us
again with such drivel." I can then take several roads. Take their advice and
enroll in a journalism class. Tell myself that it's not in the card's and
change my goal to sports writing or whatever. Mope around and say that
writing a book is a stupid thing to do not only for me but for everyone in
general and that those who do succeed are nothing but a bunch of snooty sobs
who lord their accomplishments over those of us who did not succeed. In other
words, sour grapes.
  1. Opinions were asked for about trail racing.  "Don't ask me what I think
of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to" comes to mind. When
someone disagrees with me, I try to see where they are coming from. If I
don't find their reasoning to be logically valid or just spiteful, I just
stick to my guns hopefully without rancor. If they have a valid argument, I
try to admit I'm wrong and move on. The PCT purist comes to mind. Nobody
forces me to do it. If others think I'm wrong to leave the trail, oh well,
guess we're playing different games and to each their own. Hike your own hike
in other words. I don't view their attitude as wrong, just not for me.
 2.  Why is trail racing not allowed in wildernesses and National Parks?
There must be some sort of reasoning behind it or are they just a bunch of
meanies?
 3. Pctalker - what exactly do you want from this DISCUSSION forum other than
for boring people like me to shut the hell up? ( I won't, but you can always
hit the delete button when you see my posts)
 4. Brick is right. Now's the time to comment on the grazing leases due to be
extended. I'm against them because in my opinion they damage the wilderness
resource both physically and mentally. Seems to me that its hypocritical to
tell hikers to be careful in ecological sensitive areas (Don't camp in
meadows, no fires, crap 200 yards from water, etc.) and then allow thousands
of sheep to trample and crap all over them. Also, I don't like the feeling
that I'm visiting a cow pasture instead of a wilderness. You can count on my
input, Brick
  5. I'm trying to learn from this discussion board on how to present
argument's without alienating people. I know I've failed miserably on at
least several occasions ( is that laughter I hear?), but trust me, my goal is
to improve. The die may be cast here but there will be other opportunities in
other times and places.