[pct-l] PCT and Grazing

 After living near the Kettle Mountain Range in North Eastern Washington for
6 years, I can say grazing is a bad thing for the PCT. The spread of noxious
weeds is very apparent. Native plants are eaten away and overcrowded by any
weed that comes its way. Less food for native animals as well .A very few
ranchers line their pockets at a big  cost to everyone. ( BLM really stands
for Bureu of Livestock and Mining) The forest service in this  case is the
big Doof for letting animals and weeds overrun everything else in the Kettle
Range. If you want weeds in all the Meadows, bring in the cows!!!! Forest
Service is paid just a few dollars per unit ( a cow and a calf is called a
unit) for leaving them in the woods all summer and half the fall. PS Special
Note to Jerry!!!! Other peoples opinions DO matter. I was as you are now. Now
that I have met half the people on this list, I guard my tongue more closely
as most people know were I live and would make short work of me at the next
PCT meeting or Kick-Off. You may meet some of these people your self and have
to eat a few of your words. Monte