[pct-l] Leisurely Hiking

With all due respect to the Vegetables, what's so new and radical about
leisurely hiking?  Or maybe they're just too young to remember what it
was like before everything speeded up.  I have always espoused the credo
of having fun along the way, just never had a slogan or manifesto.  So
Veggies, you've let the cat out of the bag.  Now all those pristine
places, so wisely bypassed by the trail designers (to protect them from
us), unseen by the four month thruhikers, will be over-run by
Veggieites, the new breed of the PCT.  For what its worth, I believe I'm
one of the few serious backpackers who left Campo last spring and didn't
pass the Vegetables; they fast forwarded when I was but a few days
behind them approaching Castella...

Vegetables, loved your website.  I especially liked being able to read
the journal entries from each member, as each individual had a different
perspective on the same event.  One minor suggestion to make it a little
more reader friendly -- put a link at the bottom of each page that gets
a reader to the next page without going back to the index.

Hobbit