[pct-l] The end of the trail

For those of who met Garey Meabon along the trail this summer,I wanted to
let you know the sad news that he is nearing the end of his fight against
cancer.  Garey attempted to thruhike this summer but suffered blackouts
and had to drop out at the foot of the San Jacintos.  He went home for a
while and then got back on the trail near Sierra City where he spent
another week on his own hiking and enjoying the trail before going home
for good.  You can find his hiker journal on pcta.org.  I'll be updating
the site soon with photos and journals from the second part of his hike.

I talked to him last night and he is, thanks to morphine, not in any
pain.  He can no longer eat and can drink only a little so I think it
will just be a matter of days.  I know he and his wife Zoe would really
appreciate hearing from his fellow hikers and speaks fondly of his time
on the PCT.  You can reach him at:

GrandpaZoe@aol.com

Thanks.

Henry Shires