Re: [pct-l] What's up with the Fund Raising?

> I have very mixed feelings about this. So mixed, I can't even articulate
them well enough to put in this email.
> Anybody have any opinions pro or con?

I think this comes under the heading "Hike Your Own Hike." A hike
masquerading as a fund raiser (or is it the other way around) isn't my kind
of hike, and it doesn't sound like it's yours. I go out there for discovery,
serenity, adventure, yada, yada, yada. And while I don't think it's the most
effective fund-raising method (simply because of the time required), it
doesn't bother me that others use their time on the trail to support a
favorite cause.

Carl Siechert
1977 Kelty Kid