[pct-l] home

   Well, I'm home for good now, having been bounced out of the mountains
earlier this week by the snow storms.  I got as far as Tuolumne Meadows and
managed to hitch hike out when they opened highway 120 for a few hours in
the middle of the day last tuesday.  The fact that my back has been hurting
for a while, and my stomach is fighting giardia or something similar, made
the decision to come home pretty easy.

   Am I disappointed I didn't make it all the way back to Campo?  Not at
all.  I was able to spend 5 1/2 months of my life traveling the trail this
year, and it's that time spent doing something I enjoy - not the amount of
miles I walked - that is important to me.

   Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in my travels this year,
and a huge thanks to my partner Nancy, who supported me every step of the
way.

   By the way,I talked to Scott Williamson on wednesday by phone.  He was
at VVR, hoping for a break in the weather that would allow him to continue
his hike south.  GOOD LUCK SCOTT!!

   Happy hiking, everyone,

   Walk On.