Re: [pct-l] size, height, weight, and season limits on the PCT?

At 9:47 PM -0800 10/13/00, CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:
. I'll leave it to wilderness use experts to determine the size of the
>quotas.

I have inquired at Yosemite, Yellowstone, GNP, Bishop, Lone Pine
(I make it ah habit to ask) for the basis of the quota's-- was there
some enviro study done to determine the impact and "allowable"
amount of people the land could "support" for any given trail.

Surely there must be some basis?

"Nope- we just take a guess"

Talk about letting the wind out of your sails :))