[pct-l] Suggestions for So Cal weekender?

I live in Los Angeles, CA and planned on taking a group of co-workers
on a short backpacking trip this weekend (Fri-Sun).  The plan was to
do a loop trip in the Bishop Pass area from South Lake to Chocolate
Lakes to Treasure Lakes (part cross country) and back to South Lake.
However, with the recent storm my planned route doesn't seem like a
good idea.  Half of them have never been backpacking before and they
don't have the gear or the desire to hike and camp in snow.

I am looking for suggestions on an alternative trip of about 15 to 20
miles if the terrain is flat or 10-15 if steep.  Trip should start
within a 5 hr drive from LA, mostly (if not all) snow-free, water
available,  not in burn areas, and hopefully some good views.  We
will have two cars so a shuttle trip is possible.

Any suggestions?

-scott

P.S.  Sorry if this question has recently been asked.  I just
resubscribed after a late hiking season.