Re: [pct-l] If there were no horses...

At 11:13 AM -0800 10/11/00, Brick Robbins wrote:
>At 12:14 PM 10/11/00 , "(R.J.Calliger)" <calliger@infolane.com> wrote:
>>THAT is why quotas were started in part.  If there were no horses on the
>>trails quotas for the rest of us would not be needed.
>
>Actually there are NO quotas for the commercial pack outfits using horses
>on the trail. Private users (pedestrian AND equestrian) need to fit within
>the quotas, but the commercial pack outfits

Apparently some places there are quotas. One of the Yosemite rangers
told me there was (for commercial in YNP)-- so unless he is in error
(which is clearly possible)-- he was supposed to email me with the
info but has yet to respond.

Rich

PS-

No more horse "wars"; however, if there is somewhere to write to
and complain and/or modify the general FS plan, than we could
get a petition together...

Therefore,  I will act as scribe and volunteer to collect names
off the list-- so email me (*off-list*) if you would life to sign such a
petition to reduce the commerical use of the trails by horses,
ie, lower the quota or institute one nationwide as there is
presntly for people:  calliger@infolane.com

(NO flames please- if you like the horses, good- just ignore this then-- I
am not
going to debate anyone-- if you want to sign the petition just
send me your email address, otherwise please hold your
horse flames. Much appreciated.)

Rich