[pct-l] Return to Civilization

Greetings all PCT-listers!

This is Staggerin' Willie, writing from the library in Port Townsend,
Washington.  Along with the rest of my hombres, the Menacing Vegetables, I
finished my vaguely thru-hike-ish experience about a week ago, having walked
a swiss-cheese route through most of California and about half of Washington
over the course of nearly 6 months this year.  Big congratulations to all
those who completed the trip this year (you know who you are)-- it looks
like I have about 900 more miles of PCT to complete before I can call myself
a thru-hiker.  Now that I have returned to "civilization," at least for the
time being, I look forward to following along on this list, adding my two
cents ever' now and then.  For anyone who is interested in hiking the PCT in
future years, drop me a line and I will be happy to share any knowledge,
information, or experience that I have managed to pick up during this trip
(and  have managed to retain in what is left of my brain after 6 months of
"dumbening").  I must warn you, however, that the information I share may be
counterproductive for any who intend to hike the entire 2600 miles in one
year.  And for anyone who is interested in reading about the mis-adventures
of the menacing vegetables, there is a fairly interesting account of the
trek at www.tannercritz.com.  I look forward to staying in touch.

Staggerin' Willie
Charter member of T.H.A.T.H.
(Thru-Hikers Against Thru-Hiking)