Re: [pct-l] knee problems

There are dietary supplements that are suppose to help with joint pain.
They are glucosamine and chondrotin.  They are constituents of cartilage and
the fluid that lubricates joints.  I started taking them for sore knees
after a friend told me what they did for his dog.  She is an old dog with
hip problem.  She could hardly walk.  After taking the supplements for a few
weeks was running again.  I started having knee pain after I started walking
five miles a day to try to lose weight.  I was walking mostly on concrete
and my knees took a beating.  After a month of the supplements, I have no
more pain.  It could be the supplements or I could just have gotten in
better shape.  I think they are worth a try.  I am going to continue using
them.  Also, drink lots of water and cut back on caffeine and alcohol.
Dehydration can be the underlying cause of a lot of joint problems.