Re: [pct-l] from the runner

 I lied in my last post about resting easy and not caring any more, so here
goes
                                                          If you put large
groups of any kind in the wilderness, it ceases to become a wilderness. My
idea of wilderness dosen't include running into some one every eight minutes
on a trail. If that sounds snobbish, tough luck. I fully support the
Wilderness act of 1964 and will do everything in my power to see that it is
not changed in any way. There are already hordes of special interests such as
dirt bikers, loggers, atver's,etc. who would just love to amend the
Wilderness Act. Let's just add organized racers (and the boy scouts) who
would do away with the group size limit to the list. If legislation doesn't
work, there are other options available ala Earth First (no, I'm not a member
but I certainly am sympathetic to their cause and methods and could easily be
pushed into their camp when it comes to wilderness protection) If you want to
race in multiple use lands, fine, but keep the hordes the hell out of my
(that's right, MY with no apologies) wildernesses. Rat racers who can't put
it away don't belong there any more than obese smokers who wish there were
roads to all those purty places reserved for "snobs" .    Snobby Mountain
Dave and proud of it.