Vive

I just got back from a day-hike up to Red Pass (near Glacier Peak).
When I arrived at the trailhead (n. fk sauk river / sloan creek) there
was a man roaming around... it took me about 2 seconds to figure
out he was a thru-hiker.  His name was Vive (pronounced Veev),
and he had been hiking with 5-6 other people, but decided to get
off the trail as he had been blacking-out while hiking - not a good
thing.  He said he felt fine otherwise and had no idea why this was
happening. It'd happened 2-3 times in the last few days though.  I
gave him a ride to Darrington & wished him well.  He was still hoping
to finish the trail (or at least hike the last section), but I don't
know
if that'll happen or not. (also, the frame on his backpack had broken -
apparently during one of his blackouts - but it still worked)
Anyway, I thought I'd put this on the list in case anyone out there
knows him... I think he met most of this years hikers as he started
on Apr 27-28 and has been hiking slow.  I hope whatever ails him
isn't serious! (or contagious!)
-Jonathan