[pct-l] racing on the PCT

My comments are a little late for I was gone four days for my daughter's
wedding (!). Now that I'm back, I too have great concern about the PCT
being a race course.  Damage; litter; over use; health issues to runners
and/or animals running into each other; etc.  I am only a day and
section hiker which I know doesn't get as much "respect" as thru hikers
but I really do love and am devoted to the PCT.  Anything that endangers
it or might cause destruction to the trail is a negative in my mind.
JoAnn