[pct-l] PCT Thru-hike for Diabetes...

Though I've generally been quiet, I would like to get some input from many
of you who have hiked the trail before.  I have been a diabetic
(type-one; insulin dependent) for over five years now, and am organizing a
two-man thru-hike of the PCT for Spring of next year.  I'm working on a
website right now to provide updates of our hike, and hopefully we'll be
able to call people every few weeks to update our journals, etc.

Anyway, to get to the point, I'm doing this hike as a benefit for the
American Diabetes Assocation, and am getting contributions from anyone
interested.  What I'd like to know is from those of you who have done this
- or who know others who have done something similar - what is the best
method of contacting companies, etc., to get gear, food, etc.?  I'm hoping
to get as much free gear as possible, so I can donate any cash I would
otherwise be spending on gear to the ADA.

Hope this is A) clear, and B) not considered spam or anything like
that.  I read the mailing list and have found it extremely helpful so far,
so I figured I'd ask this and see what feedback I could get.  Thanks again
for all your previous help, and any future help.  :)

Also, if anyone is interested in hiking a segment of the PCT next year
with us, especially other diabetics, I'd like to invite y'all to join us
if you're not already thru-hiking it too.  :)

Rob Cole
Hike For Diabetes
http://students.washington.edu/robcole/hike/

PS - I just finished getting the site up, opinions would be wonderful.  :)

------
Last week, I went to a furniture store to look for a decaffeinated
coffee table. They couldn't help me.
-Steven Wright