[pct-l] yo-yos

>Actually there are 2 guys trying to "yo-yo" - Scott Williamson and Walk-On
>(Dave Paulson).  We met both on our recent PCT thru hike. Both seem to have
>a good shot at it if the weather holds in the Sierra.

>Does anyone know the current location of these guys?

Walk On called in Monday, Oct. 2 from Echo Lake.  He hopes to be passing
through Tuolumne Meadows tomorrow, Monday October 9.  When he passed
through Belden, 9-25, Scott was 5 days ahead of him, however, Dave took 2
days off at Donner Pass (home to Grass Valley) and so we might expect Scott
to be 7 days ahead (approaching Kennedy Meadows early this week) unless he
also took some time off. (They're both hiking about 30 miles per day.) He
had not signed the register at Sierra City and the post office at Echo Lake
is closed for the season (as is the PO at Tuolumne Meadows).  Talking to
Butch Wiggs at VVR, Scott was definately planning to resupply there.

> Earlier this year on KVMR I heard of an individual that was attempting to
> hike the PCT both ways this year. Start in SoCal and end in SoCal?
>
> is this true?
> is this person still hiking?
> is this even possible?
>
> Jack Young

P.S.  Walk On (Dave Paulson) is a DJ at KVMR when he's not hiking.  It's
nice to know they've mentioned him.

Nancy