[pct-l] re:Equipment costs

Everytime I here someone lamenting the "high costs" of backpacking equipments I like to orient them to the costs of other outdoor recreational persuits and even some indoor sporting activities.  Look into the prices of a complete downhill skiing package (inc. clothing), ice hockey, climbing, scuba diving, golf, and even flyfishing.  Most people like me probably accumulate their gear over time so the costs are spread out (albeit continuous).  $3000 for backpacking equipment is not unrealistic for me...it's all relative  to what one person may think astronomical, to another is pocket change.

Stephen (Hiker Boy)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---