[pct-l] re: The PCT in Manning

I have dayhiked the PCT in Manning with my family and I would not go out of my way to do it.  There are much nicer trails in Manning or elsewhere far more worthwhile.  It actually a bit of an embarrassment.

The first part of the trail parallels the busy highway for about a mile, swings around the Manning Resort's sewage treatment plant before finally descending  into a maze of horse manure covered trails down in a swamp.  If you are lucky enough to find your way through it, you will have a grewling and unrewarding climb up the side of Windy Joe Mt. in which you are still sharing the trail with horses and MTBs.

I reccomend the ridge hiking with panoramic views at Harts Pass.  This section is easy and very rewarding.

Stephen (Hiker Boy)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---