[pct-l] Congrats class of 2000

This day one year ago I dragged my cold and soaked body through the rain
across the US/Canadian border to complete the PCT. My hiking partner, Rerun
and I hoisted the top off of the monument to record our accomplishment in
the register. While I try to conjure up something profound to say, Rerun
clamored around trying to find something that would scoop out some crackers
and cheese he spotted in the bottom of the monument.

It seems like it happened in a different lifetime as I look back. I can
imagine what it's like for those freshly finished now contemplating their
next moves back into the world. If I may offer a bit of advice: if you can
postpone going into a walmart for at least a month or two!

I also want to post a reminder that I have a great list of PCT hikers going
at: http://www.pcthiker.com/pages/registry.html. If you feel like it, stop
by and add yourself to the list along with a photo. I think it will help to
keep us trail folks in touch with one another.

Troubadour
http://www.pcthiker.com