Re: [pct-l] Racing on the PCT? Input requested..

I'm against racing on the PCT. Why? If I have to explain it to you, then you
probably won't get it anyway so why even bother. Let's just say that I
believe that John Muir would object for some odd reason. You figure out why.
Oh, hell I'll just put in my two cents anyway.  Seems to me that the racing
kind are mostly people who have rat race jobs and just can't let it go, and
carry this go go go compete compete compete crap into their recreation, and
even into places that are supposed to be sanctuaries from the rush of
civilization. But I'm resting easy. I've had ample share of sanctuary hikes.
If the kids of today don't visualize wilderness as sanctuary  and prefer
instead to view  it as an opportunity for super cool ironman marathons then
so be it. Frankly, I'm past caring. Just let me know where they are being
held so I can avoid them like the plague. And thank god the National Parks
have this one figured out.